Leaving us a gift in your will can help us to share the life-changing experience that is a Churchill Fellowship.
Leave a gift, no matter how large or small, and your legacy will stand for global learning, opportunity for all and innovation in society.
Your lasting gift will be the continuing achievements of the Churchill Fellowship in every area of UK life.
How to leave a gift in your will
We know that writing or updating your will is very personal, and you will want to provide for those you care about first. Once you have done that, a gift of any shape or size to the Churchill Fellowship will make an enormous difference.
Writing or updating your will
A valid up-to-date will is a legal document and it ensures the wishes you have in your lifetime are carried out when you die. If you don’t leave a will, the law decides how your possessions are passed on – and this might not be in line with your wishes.
Here are some simple first steps:
- Start by listing everything that you own.
- Decide who you want to leave things to.
- Finally, decide who you want to write it. (You can use the 'find a solicitor' tool from The Law Society website.)
What types of gift can you leave?
- Share of your estate: after you have provided for your loved ones, you can leave a share of what remains to charity. This is known as a residuary gift.
- Cash gift: this is when you leave an exact sum of money to us, usually known as a pecuniary gift.
- Reversionary gift: this allows you to leave your estate (or particular assets) to a named individual. After they pass away, we would receive the share you originally intended for us.
- Gift in trust: you can leave a gift for someone to use over a period of time. When the time period has ended, that gift can be passed on to us.
- Specific gift: you can leave a personal item. This might be something like a piece of jewellery.
If your will is written by a solicitor, you're required to include the following details about us:
- Registered charity name: The Winston Churchill Memorial Trust (working name the Churchill Fellowship).
- Registered charity number: 313952 (England and Wales).
- Head office address: 29 Great Smith Street, London, SW1P 3BL.
You can speak to us to discuss your plans, either by phoning Christopher Mann on 07958 664619 or by email at email@example.com.